by Dr Alan C. Clifford
The once-discredited Labour Party MP Shahid Malik (now back in favour) has predicted the total Islamification of Britain and a Muslim prime minister, “Allah willing”, within the next thirty years. The people of Britain cannot say that they have not been warned. The remarks were made at the October 2008 “Global Peace and Unity” conference held at the Excel London centre, but were deliberately withheld from the video coverage released of that event. The video speech in which Mr Malik made his remarks has now been released on the Internet nearly five months after the event.
But where are the protests against this outrageous possibility to come from? Not from politicians like Simon Hughes who, in grinning, appeasing, “apostate-Christian”, Chamberlain- like mode, betray all that is best in our British heritage:
Indeed, too many churchmen and politicians are gripped by cowardice in the face of the Muslim menace. One fears that the oft-stated 'clash of civilisations' will inevitably erupt with violence on British streets when expected demographic predictions reach a critical point. Irrespective of the naive incompetence of 'PC' government policies, it is the amazing and long- suffering tolerance of British people that keeps a lid on such terrible possibilities. But for how much longer?
As a Christian pastor, I pursue a mission which seeks the conversion of Muslims and non- Muslims alike. Religiously and politically, I desire compassion for all and malice towards none. Whether people follow the dictates of a false religion like Islam or they prefer the decadent lifestyle of much modern British secularism, all need the life-transforming message of our Lord Jesus Christ.
I believe there is simply no realistic hope for the peace and stability of the UK without a revival of authentic Christianity. However problematic it is to penetrate the minds of today's white secular materialists, the Islamic threat is an altogether 'mega' problem. The relatively peaceable attitude of the Muslim majority is simply a phase on the road to eventual fulfilment of the jihadic goal of global Islam. The 'militant-moderate' distinction is ultimately meaningless. While the Government bleats about 'integration', Muslims are only interested in 'domination'. Give them time and they will achieve it.
From my perspective, there is only one solution. If the British citizens who believe in the barbaric tenets of this brand of Islam are not willing to exchange it for the wonderfully soul-saving and civilising faith of Jesus Christ, then they will continue to be a menace to our nation and can have no place in a civilised society.
Muslims must cease abusing the hospitality of our tolerant culture and, where applicable, the generosity of our social benefits. They must take their money, their mores and their mosques elsewhere. Otherwise, the consequences of the growing crisis in the UK will prove too dire for words.
WHY THE WEST MUST SHUN ISLAM
In view of the darkness of their dogmas and the violence of their values, Muslims need rescuing from Islam! At the same time, the West needs rescuing from Islam! To implement this twin rescue mission, two directives must be pursued:
1. Reliable information must be made available to community, educational, church and political leaders about authentic Islam. The loveless concept of Allah; the incoherence of the Qur'an; Islam's appeal to the baser instincts of human nature; the degradation of women involving female circumcision and forced marriages; honour killings; the killing of apostates, its bloody jihadism and a fallaciously-promised erotic paradise for suicide bombers (murderers not martyrs); all these features must not be hidden. In responding to the growing threat, Western Governments are failing to face reality.
The distinction between moderate and militant Islam misses the point that the religion itself is the source of the problem. Indeed, no other religion on earth can claim to match the violence of the Islamic agenda. Seemingly-benign Muslim communities will always be breeding grounds from which their more militant members can recruit jihadists.
2. With sensitive yet courageous compassion, Christians must use all proper means to evangelise Muslims. In the process, there must be no concessions to liberal as well as Muslim denials of the deity and grace of Jesus Christ, the Son of God and only Saviour of the world. In short, the case for the pure, life-transforming faith of biblical Christianity must be courageously made. On the religious education level, the RE component of National Curricula must 'put the record straight'. Teachers must stop pretending that Jesus and Muhammad are on a par and that the Holy Bible and the Holy Qur'an teach similarly-positive values. Without denying that too often Christians have failed to demonstrate the compassionate virtues of its Founder, the true character of Muhammad's programme and its devastating dictates must not be hidden from our children. Yes, the Christian Gospel forbids and condemns hatred and violence. The same cannot be said of the message of Muhammad. The children of Western schools must learn the difference between the mercy of the Sermon on the Mount and the hatred of the Hadith. The children of Muslim citizens must also be exposed to the purity of Christ and not the poison of Muhammad.
WHY JESUS CHRIST AND NOT MUHAMMAD
With a continuing and growing assault on our Christian heritage, never was there a greater need to get to grips with the truth of the Bible text: “No man ever spoke like this man” (John 7:46). This was the response of amazed men who heard Christ. What truths explain their astonishment?
1. NO MAN EVER SPOKE LIKE JESUS CHRIST
And why? He was no ordinary man. He was perfect and sinless. He is the 'God-man' (Matthew 1: 23); “God manifest in the flesh” (1 Timothy 3: 16); the Eternal “Word made flesh” (John 1: 14).
Thus, He spoke words of truth, purity, love, kindness and compassion. He spoke with divine unction (anointing), grace and authority. No one else, before or since, ever spoke like Him. He is Creator, King, and Lord of the Universe.
On the other hand, Muhammad was an ordinary man. He was imperfect and sinful. He spoke words of error, impurity, hate and cruelty.
2. NO MAN EVER LIVED LIKE JESUS CHRIST
His life backed up His words. In lip and life, He was perfectly consistent. He brought blessing, healing, comfort and joy to people. His many miracles confirmed His deity. His tender touch declared the compassion of God. He liberated women from the abusive treatment of selfish men. He rejected violence as a method of spreading His message. No life has ever been lived to match the life of Jesus Christ.
On the other hand, Muhammad's life contradicted many of his more noble sayings. His life is not a good example for 'private character'. His claims cannot compare with Christ's. Spreading his message by the sword, he brought violence and bloodshed to those who refused to submit to his 'Allah'. He humiliated women. His tenderness was reserved chiefly for his own sexual indulgence and his stomach (according to wife - one of fourteen – A'isha).
3. NO MAN EVER DIED LIKE JESUS CHRIST
While His life and preaching angered the religious establishment of His day, nothing could justify the hatred directed at Him. He was guilty of no sin. Expressing God's mercy to us hell-deserving sinners, Jesus, Saviour of the world, died for our sins.
He died, 'the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God' (1 Peter 3: 18). In His agonizing crucifixion, He breathed nothing but love and kindness to His enemies. Such dying! Such love!
On the other hand, Muhammad died, burdened by his own guilt. Sadly and tragically, his death did not terminate his cruel conquests. Others perpetuated his vicious legacy.
4. NO MAN EVER BLESSED THE HUMAN RACE LIKE JESUS CHRIST
His impact on history is not just the effect of a perpetuation of His memory. Jesus rose from the dead! He lives! The Gospel is the greatest blessing the world has ever known! It has brought forgiveness, love, joy and peace. Christ has mended broken hearts and lives. He has given hope to those in despair. Through Him, the light of heaven has dispelled the darkness of death.
He has liberated individuals and nations. The Gospel has delivered people from ignorance, slavery, poverty and degradation. All that is truly good, noble, pure and beautiful comes from Him (even if apostate believers - crusading Roman Catholics and deity-denying Protestant Liberals - have corrupted His truth). Christ's resurrection influence continues still where He is accepted, trusted and served.
On the other hand, Muhammad died, to rise no more, except to be judged by Christ when He returns. His tomb is not empty. His legacy is ignorance, cruelty, fear and oppression. The continued influence of his teachings is a threat to all that Christ represents.
In conclusion, the case for Christ and against Muhammad is compelling in every respect. Assessed by every test that may be devised, there is simply no competition. So let us all respond as did the men in our text! May we all acknowledge, believe, trust, love and surrender to The Incomparable Christ2. May we all rejoice in Him, and seek to make Him known throughout the world.
I am well aware that many in the secular West desire Christ no more than they desire Muhammad. Therefore, I must warn them. Even if they never suffer from some jihadic atrocity, they will stand before the judgement seat of Christ, when He returns to judge the world in righteousness (see 2 Cor 5: 10). While opportunity remains, come to Christ! If you are a Muslim, renounce Muhammad, and come to Christ! Then, everything I have tried to express will become wonderfully and experientially true. I invite you all to trust and serve Him with me. Amen!
ISLAM A BENIGN PRESENCE?
The Editor - Daily Telegraph
Following up my earlier published letter (Daily Telegraph, May 18, 2009), precisely what must happen to convince us that Islam is not a benign presence within the UK?
It seems that Islam spells trouble wherever it rears its head. In Gaza we hear of gun battles between 'hot' Hamas and 'ultra-hot' Al Qaeda factions. In Afghanistan, deaths in Kabul perpetuate the appalling litany of fanatical Muslim violence in that benighted country. No less appalling, the secular press seem unconcerned to report Islamic butchery of Christians in Nigeria, Pakistan and elsewehere. One is therefore glad to learn that plans to erect a Mosque in Kings Lynn, Norfolk have been rejected.
Revd Dr Alan C. Clifford, Norwich Reformed Church
ATTLEBOROUGH, Norfolk, UK.
1) CETF and all of us at Christian Witness Ministries love God supremely and love our neighbours as ourselves equally whether Muslim or non Muslim. We desire that all men and women will come to know Christ.
2) The Incomparable Christ is an anonymous piece of prose that has a number of variants but the same essentials. One is at: - http://www.hopeway.org/gospel/Christmas13.asp\
About the Author
ALAN C CLIFFORD is the pastor of Norwich Reformed Church, which is an associate member of Affinity (formerly British Evangelical Council). Norwich Reformed Church is also linked with the Free Reformed Churches of the Netherlands (liberated).